Friday, May 28, 2004

Being an "Image Shark" can be Painful

If any of you visited this site in the past few days, you may have seen an image that was both very graphic and disturbing. Since until very recently, Blogger hasn't been offering a place to store images for blogs like this one. Consequently, I am usually forced to rely on the goodwill of other webmasters by remote-linking to their images. Since I don't receive a high volume of hits (roughly 25 a day), this doesn't really cause a strain on their resources.

After writing the Andy Kaufman post (and apparently angering the guy behind the hoax himself), a bitter web admin swapped the original image with something else (which was quite bizarre) to try and ruin my reputation. I'll leave that decision in your able hands but if this happens again in the future, don't think that I'm a depraved sicko! Being an image-shark (as they call perpetrators of remote image loading) can be painful.

On another note, the original pics were of Bob Zmuda in a Tony Clifton outfit. I have no idea who was in the pic they swapped it with (you couldn't see the individual's face...it was a rear-view shot). I guess that I'm going to have to pay more attention to where I link my images from!

No comments: